Hand and upper limb therapists specialise in the treatment of conditions affecting the hand and arm. Our team members are able to make custom made orthoses and splints, and apply waterproof casts. Our hand therapy services include:
- post-operative rehabilitation
- rehabilitation following tendon and nerve repair
- management of fractures of the arm and hand
- sporting injury management
- treatment of conditions resulting from overuse and tendinopathies
- arthritis care
- rehabilitation following traumatic hand injuries
- treatment of common conditions including Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Tennis Elbow and de Quervain’s tendonitis
- wound care and removal of sutures, and
- return to work programs following injuries to the hand and upper limb
The team works closely with local hand surgeons as well as general practitioners and has established relationships with orthopaedic surgeons, plastic surgeons, radiologists and rheumatologists.
- Australian Hand Therapy Association
- Shoulder and Elbow Physiotherapists Australia
- The American Society of Hand Therapists
Our hand therapy specialists are operating from a clinic near you. Contact us to make an appointment.