Our physiotherapists specialise in identifying and treating the underlying cause of injuries. We use a comprehensive range of techniques to decrease the liklihood of injury recurring.
Treatment options include:
- acute injury diagnosis, education and development of a treatment plan to facilitate recovery
- referral for further investigations, or review by a specialist as needed
- treatment that allows continued training and competition
- customised home exercise programs
- pool programs and hydrotherapy
- biomechanical assessment including running, landing and sport-specific requirements
- identification of muscle imbalances in strength, length and motor control
- sport-specific screenings
- taping and fitting of ankle guards to prevent injury
- return to sport fitness testing
- immobilisation for injuries, such as casting, splinting and fitting of orthopaedic boots
- load monitoring advice, and
- pre-operative and post-operative care
Your physiotherapist will communicate with coaches and personal trainers as part of your treatment, which is central to the rehabilitation process.
Physiotherapists in our practice have a wealth of experience working in many sports including:
- rugby league
- track and field
- long distance running
- dance, and
- sports for athletes with a disability
Our sports injury management specialists are operating from a clinic near you. Contact us to make an appointment.